News by definition should be a surprise; because it’s novel. If it’s not; then it’s just old news. Lucky for you, Dear Readers, the first two weeks of September are chock full of surprises! In fact, for the first time in a rather long time, I edited out a half dozen possible entries! I decided to go for the shock value and peculiar than with another quaint Victorian tea fundraiser (although, I never get tired of seeing those!) I have here eight fabulous news stories from around the web, correlating to 1790-1917. There are bits of steampunk and the macabre, modern spin on Victorian cartography, a movie trailer, graphic novel, some horrible sex advice, and the most bad-ass compact weapon invented in the 19th century! Ah, yes! Do I have your attention now? Good let us proceed . . .
- The North West Passage truly exists! Great post about the findings from Canada.
- The Brangelina-Jennifer Triangle of the 19th century, also known as Effie Grey–See clip!
- This steampunky Gothic novel is now available.
- Victorians weren’t prudes per se; they were just given really bad sex advice.
- These zombie like dolls seriously give me the creeps!
- Martha Stewart who? Meet the original.
- Modern maps with an Victorian edge! Sounds razor sharp, eh?
- The most bad-ass compact weapon known to man. . . !!!