Eight bits of news for the . . . tenth month of the year. . . . because surely that makes sense. It is that time of the month again! . . . Ewwwwww, no not THAT time of the month. It is the middle of month and time to review the modern going-ons about all things related to the 19th century. Curious? Read on about sports stars, stuffed animals, celebrity obsessions, notable women, various forms of art and apropos costume theme gathering a la Halloween with a dash of historical insight that makes you so glad to be living in the Modern era . . .
- The world’s first computer programmer was a woman. That IS breaking news.
- The 19th Century celebrity, putting your best self forward.
- Whimsical taxidermy should tour the nation!
- Selfies from the 1800s! By far my favorite article this month! I adore how everything old is new again. Next time you are amongst your peers and whip out your cell and say “Let’s be Victorian and take a selfie!”
- PROOF TO ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL FANS! The dapper Victorian Gentleman is back in Vogue. Thank you Mr. Thurmond!
- A insightful and nauseating 19th century related article from Drexel University. I do enjoy the voice of the reporter very much.
- For Beauty Mavens and Brides-to-be, a Belle Epoque inspired look from Jenny Packham’s 2014 Bridal runway show.
- Cemetery tours+Civil War Soldiers-October= Costumed Fun with a patriotic twist.