Normally, the 19th century news is one of my favorite monthly posts. Sadly, September seems a dry month for 19th century inspired news. I have read numerous articles to prepare for this post. Many of the news bits touch on things we have seen before such as Founders Day and local re-enactment; not that there is anything wrong with those! Any excuse to dress up is fine by me. After much consideration, I elected to bring to you the eight selections below. Luckily, these picks are rather interesting; a dormitory straight out of a horror film to Regency stripping . . . Do I have your attention now?
- Every students worst nightmare . . . the haunted dormitory!
- In an ironic twist, France will host one of the first art shows in modern times on Victorian English nudes . . .
- The grandfather of the camera phones and the beginning of the everyday paparazzi . . . the detective camera!
- Every treasure hunters dream! Is anyone else having Titanic flashbacks?
- Ladies keep diaries, gentlemen keep journals, and my!-What a comprehensive piece of work. Very insightful.
- It would not be a 19th Century Modern news page without a mention of a beautiful restoration.
- Newport is making a comeback!–Wait, a minute? Did it ever go out of style???
- What better way for a historian to hold the crowd’s attention than stripping?