More news from the front page! I interrupt your day to present current news on 19th century studies. Some articles are quaint human interest stories, others touch on “our Dear Queen Victoria,” and some are a perfect blend of 19th century and modernity. The last bit is, to quote Victoria, “Flippin’ Amazing!”
- Not all 19th century millionaire employers were tyrants.
- Nor was the 1800s rampant with prudes and high moralistic society.
- More proof of Queen Victoria’s aloof approach to motherhood.
- What is old is new again in the British Baby Name market!
- The first “edgy” photographer and his street art. Sounds gangster, but is more journalistic and sobering.
- Structures for the fair. . . I adore just about all of these. . . perhaps I should host my own fair?!
- From one hobbyist to another; love the 19th century passion.
- Lastly, 19th century meets 3D printing!