While I was out, M_Zeissler bestowed upon me the Very Inspiring Blog Award. How exciting! Especially coming from a jaw dropping photographer. Though I do have to admit when I realized the date of the gift (a mere day or two after I left); I felt much akin to those moments when someone calls your name as the winner, only to realize you are in the Ladies Room (or the Gentlemen’s Room, as the case may be.) How embarrassing. Oh well, c’est la vie. I am very flattered nevertheless.
The Rules of the Game/Awards:
- Thank the awesome person who recognized you and link back to them.
- Post the recognition image to your page.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Recognize 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Seven facts about Lady M or yours truly, which you may not already know:
- I am a Type A personality (although I am sure, you may have gathered this from casual reading of 19th Century Modern; considered your hunch confirmed)
- Really ought to stop purchasing books until I have caught up with the OTHER books I purchased last year and have not yet read.
- I like to watch Ghost Adventures, but the Dead Files and Paranormal Witness is too scary for me.
- My favorite color is blue, no wait! Purple! No wait, blue!–Let us just go with Indigo and call it a day.
- Forget Vera Wang, when I get married, I want an American Duchess original!
- I sorely desire to adopt another canine (the quadruped love of my life passed away in February).
- I am *gasp!* thinking of changing careers. This will be a topic for later, once I get my ideas sorted in my noggin.
Other random blogs I follow and it is not 15, I am sorry to say; although I am following more blogs, it appears I am also following “organizational/company” blogs, which is prohibited with this “individual” blog recognitions.
- Victorianachronists: My favorite two girls of similar minds
- Making History Tart and Titillating: The title alone is alluring, but Susan, a published author, definitely knows her stuff
- Tiaras and Trianon: Have been following this 18th century Blog Hostess for a while now; always entertaining
- The History Girls: Always “old news” and entertaining
- Virtual Victorian: Wonderfully historical
- Two Nerdy History Girls: Fantastic Resources
- American Duchess: A perennial favorite, my blogging idol.
- You’re History: New to this book review site; good info.
- Freaky Folk Tales: New to this gentlemen who pens his own creepy historical fiction, but well worth the read!
- Essential Bygone Housewifery: New to this historic site with some fabulously esoteric information
- Evelina Galli: New to this fashion and lifestyle blog, lots of beautiful pictures; My Favorite Pet pictures is . . . well, my favorite