Admittedly it is a bit early in the month to do a news post, one of these headlines caught my eye and I figured what harm could befall a little early news post? Some of these events make me wish I could be everywhere at once! See all the 19th century goodness below!
- A 19th century codex of 5,000 medical formulas.
- I adore this idea. It is a column in local newspapers about the people who used to live in “your houses” during the turn of the century. This sounds right up the alley of my blogger friend, Mom. It is a sort of twist on “Meet your neighbors.”
- Despite misconceptions, all sorts of random odd happenings occur in the library every day. This story does not faze me, but it makes me wonder about our old Main branch in town . . .
- A Lady’s gun, because, truly what sensible lady would be without one?
- The MET, a 19th century fashion lovers dream . . . well, any fashion lover, for that matter . . .
- A 19th century composer gets the 100 plus orchestra treatment. A hundred plus musicians?! What must that sound like???
- The jaw-dropping Edwardian exhibit in England.
- And the article that urged this early news posting. Do read the 11th paragraph carefully. The one that starts with “In 2012, it add a 19th century . . . ” Good heavens! I would love to see this! What a way to draw the gentlemen in! Why do I not live in Washington state???