Extra! Extra! Read all about it! I narrowed down the 19th century related new to these eight articles to share with you. Which do you find most intriguing?
- A visiting Victorian lady discusses 19th century medicine in costume much to the horror and amusement of her audience. It sounds like great fun!
- New York Museum opens exhibit on the Hudson River art school paintings. The pieces are divine!
- A truly reimagined seedy 19th century bar with authentic and archaic cocktails. Bottoms up!
- A true Victorian pictogram riddle! Can you solve the mystery???
- Another mystery confounds the courts. Murder, railroads, and Victorian England. Another case is reopened on the television.
- Newport, Rhode Islands opens up the “Downstairs” of the Elms to the delight of Downton Abbey fansatics everywhere.
- Interior paintings of the 19th century; a subject not often seen. Great for those wishing to redecorate.
- Mugshots from the 1800s England. The first man is surprisingly handsome! Which is a bit disturbing in a way . . .